**Last Call for School Nurse of The Year Nominations**
This announcement has 1 attachment:
Today is the last day for nominations!
Each year the members of SNOI nominate and choose one member that has shown excellence in school nursing. This member is then honored at the NASN annual conference the following year. To nominate a school nurse, please email Denise Driver by May 1, 2017 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations must be posted by May 1, 2017.
- Nominee must:
- Be a registered professional nurse
- Be a current member of SNOI/NASN
- Be a member of SNOI/NASN for the preceding two years
- Have five years experience as a school nurse
- Currently practice as a school nurse
- Spend more than 50% of work time providing direct care.
- Show evidence of excellence in school nursing practice based on NASN’s Standards of Professional Performance for School Nursing Practice 2011.
- There is no limit to the number of times a school nurse can be nominated. Once the honor of “School Nurse of the Year” has been given to an individual, they may not be nominated again.